Monday, 19 October 2015

Update, portfolio #1, established June 2015

I've been meaning to upload the current portfolios I manage, but haven't had much time to do this.  I'll also add a link to the sheet on the top of the blog.

This is the first which I'll be uploading for anyone's curiosity.  It's one of the portfolios I have at shareowner.ca.  I look at this account as an autopilot account.  I basically threw darts back in early June 2015 spread across 20 stocks (mostly dividend payers).  100% of dividends are reinvested into additional units, and I don't plan on touching this account for a long time.

The yield data is probably outdated a little bit as it's from June 2015.

I fully expect this portfolio to track SPY.  The purchases were all autopilot purchases spread over the month of June by shareowner.  The fact that the overall portfolio is showing a modest return of 1.74% since June while SPY is down close to 3% over the same period is just dumb luck.  Probably more a function of owning Google and a few other names which have since eclipsed their June 2015 highs more than anything else.  I honestly don't expect this disparity in performance to last over more than the short term.

I now have to think about how I'm going to approach the portfolio going into 2016.  ..

My initial thoughts are that I can a) re-fund the account with an equal dollar amount capital contribution to initial funding on Jan 1, 2016, and spread the new contribution across the worst performing stocks by year end, b) spread the capital contribution around evenly @ 1/20th, or c) do nothing.  I have to think about this.


No comments:

Post a Comment